Thursday, March 6, 2008

Driving a Pick-Up!

A first attempt to drive a pick-up proves to be the best driving experience for me.

Not to be biased as I love large cars and trucks (Mainly for their outstanding performance and durablity), i also love conventional sedans, coupes and hatchbacks. But recently my interest has been inclined towards diesel Engines and cars/trucks with good torque (low-end) such as the ISUZU D-Max, with its linear torque at 1,800 to 3,000 rpm, which is outstanding. To my preferences, i'd prefer a car with more torque than Horsepower. Mainly it's because i reckon its more reliable and versatile.
If I were to travel uphill and around tough areas, a pickup would certainly be highly recomended. Even if i'm not driving in those conditions, I'd still like a pickup.
To me, a pickup exerts a certain appeal, a strong sense of toughness, reliability, masculinity, aggression, versatility, power, size and coolness. To be able to drive one was such a thrill. And the truck that I drove, was none other than the great King of mileage, The ISUZU D-Max.
It was surprisingly easy to drive and power was in every gear. The clutch was light as was the steering, the throttle pedal easy to configure (the behavior) and the cockpit's ergonomics were superb. The dash was clear and beautiful, the interior comfy and welcoming, the driving position good and versatile....
To be honest, I have nothing but good comments about the truck. It was better than driving a conventional car or even a sports car.

Maybe in future, I would be able to own one?
Having driven numerous cars in varioys conditions and choices, The pickup is the best experience i've had and it's for me to look forward to.

No comments: