Saturday, May 24, 2008

Facing pain

Lately i do feel different. I've realized myself behaving so oddly and i am deeply saddened by many things and the death of *****(someone and some issue which i prefer to keep silent), which deeply saddens me...

I would be a liar if i said that i wasn't affected at all. In fact, i am affected, but not in a great extent. I guess it's easier to face matters or issues: as bad as they can be or as dire, than face it later. I learn this fact from experience, to know there is no evasion from pain. An evasion or temporary one might be safe for a certain period. but being too protected only adds up to the pain that one would feel and won't that be a pay back?

I chose to face it and right now and i am glad to say that my determination and courage are paid off. I feel the sadness, i feel pain, but neither of it can suffice an influence over my emotions. I know pain is there, and ironically, i want to face it (to aid getting over it).

Pain and sufferings are necessary for growth. It is also the best catalyst for maturity.
Being able to stand through pain and hardships makes one strong but not immune. Being immune to pain is an impossible and surreal act.

No comments: